Wrexham Exchange Railway Station
Now platform four of Wrexham General, Wrexham Exchange was originally a separate railway station opened in May 1866 for the Wrexham, Mold and Connah’s Quay Railway (WMCQR). By the time WMCQR had been bought by the Great Central Railway, the line was a through station connecting to the Cambrian Railways Wrexham Central Railway Station.
The station changed hands again in 1921 during the Railways Act 1921, to the London and North Eastern Railway, as one of their few stations in Wales.
Wrexham Exchange, now Platform 4 in 2010
Wrexham Exchange and Wrexham General Station
Wrexham Exchange Signal Box
Wrexham Exchange Signal Box 1988 by Mostyn History Preservation Society Film Archive
Exterior views of Wrexham Exchange signal box in 1988, plus token exchange. A Great Central Railway box on the former Wrexham Mold and Connahs Quay Railway.