Wrexham Central Railway Station
Wrexham Central railway station is the smaller of two main railway stations serving Wrexham (the other being Wrexham General). The platform can accommodate a three car diesel train, but has room for platform extension. It is the southern terminus of the Borderlands Line, also known as the Wrexham-Bidston line, which links north-east Wales to Merseyside.
The current station was constructed in 1998 to serve Wrexham, specifically a large shopping centre in Wrexham town centre.
It replaced the first Central station, opened on 1 November 1887, which was a large station located 270 yards (250 m) to the east on the former Wrexham to Ellesmere line, the next stop on this line was the Caia Road sidings.
The old station closed on 23 November 1998 and has now been replaced by the Island Green shopping centre.