TRAVELLERS REST Kings Mills Road, Hightown, Wrexham.
The original Travellers Rest was a half-timbered building with a thatched roof. It was also known as The Hightown.
In 1921 the original building was demolished and the new building that stands today was built. One former licensee for many years was Miss Turner and her older sisters, Mrs Wood and Mrs Smith, and was known as The Old Maids. This was once the first port of call for soldiers from the nearby barracks. It was a Soames house, a Border house and a Marston’s house.
For more Wrexham pubs, clubs and hotels click here.