ROC Llangollen The ROC at Llangollen opened in July 1958 and closed September 1991 after being stood down. It is in L shaped compound on hilltop overlooking Llangollen to the South, 100 yards North of [more]
ROC Monitoring Post Brymbo Since its inception in 1925 as in integral part of the UK air defence system, the primary role of the Royal Observer Corps (ROC) was the recognition and identification of hostile [more]
Private Davenport, ready to leave for the Frontline 1914. A Ruabon resident pictured on Bridge Street. Just visible is The Vaults and the Roundhouse.
Wrexham has historically been home to a major barracks known locally as the Hightown barracks, which was headquarters to the Royal Welch Fusiliers until it merged with the Royal Welsh as 1st Battalion in 2006 [more]