Wayside station on the former Wrexham, Mold and Connah’s Quay Railway line between Shotton and Wrexham. Opened with the line in 1866, it was renamed Gwersyllt in 1959. The station is 3.5 km (2¼ miles) north [more]
At about half past two on the afternoon of Saturday 16th September 1854, two men employed by Mr. Morris, were engaged in unloading wheat from three railway trucks on railway sidings just off the main [more]
Marchwiel railway station was a station in Marchwiel, Wrexham. The station was opened on 2 November 1895 and closed on 10 September 1962. Preceding Station/Halt Following Station/Halt (coming soon) Back to Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway. [more]
The Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway. At 45m the lattice bridge spanned the River Dee near to Overton On Dee carrying the Wrexham Central to Ellesmere Railway. It was dismantled following the closure of the line [more]
The Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway originally ran from Wrexham Central Station, to Ellesmere Station in Shropshire, England. The line first opened in 1895 and closed in 1962. The section between Wrexham Central and Abenbury was [more]
The Wrexham to Ellesmere Line, previous stop before crossing the Kings Mills viaduct was Abenbury Brickworks Sidings, previous stop was Caia Road Sidings the line then proceeds to Marchwiel Station. Preceding Station/Halt Following Station/Halt (coming [more]
The Wrexham to Ellesmere Line, previous stop was Hightown Halt next stop on the line is Cadburys sidings. Preceding Station/Halt Following Station/Halt Back to Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway.
A Sunbeam Rapier car crashes on to Ruabon Railway Circa 1965. In the background is Plas Newydd, Ruabon long before the Pont Adam housing estate was built. Source: NWNMedia. Sunbeam Rapier info Nigel Scott.
This postcard shows Stream and Railway Bridge, Ruabon viewed from downstream around 1924. Source: Postcard from our collection.
A railway accident, which caused a profound sensation throughout the kingdom on Christmas Day, occurred on the Great Western Railway on Thursday week, a few hundred yards from the village of Hampton Gay and close [more]