The New Broughton Colliery was sunk by Thomas Clayton, of Brynmally Hall, in 1883 and was his most profitable venture. It remained in his possession until the turn of the century when it was taken [more]
Photographs of remnants at the Bersham Colliery site from a visit on 3rd August 2013. Source: Photographs by Graham Lloyd.
A make shift sign “Buy Hafod Coal” written on the front of the coal truck which serviced the Rhos, Johnstown and Wrexham areas during the 1930s. Source: Original photograph NWNMedia; Local Bygones; Digitally repaired as [more]
Whilst a member of NWMAT Graham asked the question, “so what’s been going at Bersham Colliery?” and went along to film the answers on the 12th Nov 2013. Filmed at Bersham Colliery 12th November 2013 [more]
Following restoration, the Llay Memorial Wheel arrives at the Miners Welfare on the 16th October 2012. Source: Filmed by Alan Jones of NWMAT compiled and edited by Graham Lloyd, Wrexham History.