1800s

Hanmer Parish Paper 1876

January 1876Testimonial to Rev. F. SlaterOn the evening of the 20th of November [1875], at the little school-room in Tallarn Green, the Rev. Francis Slater was presented, by the congregation, and a few other parishioners, [more]

1800s

Paupers & Poor Law Union

Prior to 1834 paupers were the responsibility of the Parish overseers, who often paid a pension for the pauper to continue living at home. In 1834 Poor Law Unions were formed which constructed work houses. [more]

Hanmer

Hanmer-cum-Tallarn 1886

The Magazine for the Rural Deaneries of Ellesmere and Bangor-Iscoyd 1886Hanmer-cum-Tallarn January 1886Hanmer Parochial School (Flint)Boys’ School. – “The boys are in very good order, and are taught with very decided success. In my opinion [more]

Former Flintshire Detached

Penley Hall

A smallish Georgian mansion set in gardens and shrubberies with walled kitchen garden extending to 2.75 acres, along with a .337 acre pool. The hall itself contained: ground floor – large entrance hall with staircase, [more]

Former Flintshire Detached

Bryn Y Pys Hall, Overton On Dee

A country mansion built around 1739, went through many stages of being remodelled. It was a three storey building with a west front which had a five bay centre between 2 semi circular bows and [more]

Former Flintshire Detached

Emral Hall, Worthenbury

THE HISTORY OF EMRAL dates back to the times of the Romans, and can be claimed to be one of the most Historic Mansions in the area. Llewelyn ap Gruffydd re-asserted his control on the area [more]

50s

Broughton Hall, Worthenbury

This ornate dwelling was one of the largest half-timber constructed houses in Flintshire. It was built for Randall Broughton in about 1642. The infill to the timber work was in wattle and daub and the [more]

Former Flintshire Detached

Emral Hall Ice House

Ice House to rear of North Stable Block at Emral Hall. Built as an ice-house for Emral Hall (1724-27) designed by Richard Trubshaw and Joseph Evans and may be contemporary with the surviving stable blocks [more]