Photographs of remnants at the Bersham Colliery site from a visit on 3rd August 2013. Source: Photographs by Graham Lloyd.
Hafod Colliery Cricket Team of 1950 who were winners of the Area Industrial Shield. Top row (L-R): Bert Smith (Umpire), Fred Aspinal (Coach), Ed Wynne, Bob Burke, Os Jones (Umpire). Middle row (L-R): J. Jones, [more]
Whilst a member of NWMAT Graham asked the question, “so what’s been going at Bersham Colliery?” and went along to film the answers on the 12th Nov 2013. Filmed at Bersham Colliery 12th November 2013 [more]
Gresford Colliery, the last piece standing. Gresford Colliery closed on economic grounds in November 1973. In the 1980s the site was redeveloped as an industrial estate. In 1982 a memorial to the victims of the [more]
The Llay Main Colliery was one of the largest and the most modern colliery in the North Wales coalfield. Sinking had begun in December 1914 and completed in the summer of 1916. It employed 2,600 [more]
The colliery was the property of Thomas Clayton with Mr. Frederick Hutchinson as the certificated manager of the Pendwill Pit of the Brynmally Colliery. The Pits were known as the Nos. 1 and 3 and [more]