The New Broughton Colliery was sunk by Thomas Clayton, of Brynmally Hall, in 1883 and was his most profitable venture. It remained in his possession until the turn of the century when it was taken [more]
A make shift sign “Buy Hafod Coal” written on the front of the coal truck which serviced the Rhos, Johnstown and Wrexham areas during the 1930s. Source: Original photograph NWNMedia; Local Bygones; Digitally repaired as [more]
Hafod Colliery 1880.
Mine Workers getting on public transport in 1938. Broad Street, Rhos, Wrexham. Source: NWNMedia
On the 12th October 1990 Colin Gibbs along with others presented a cheque to the Miners Convalescent Home in Blackpool for the amount of £1539.02 In attendance at the presentation were the following: (L-R:) Ted [more]