William Owen was born about 1839 in Erbistock, his father was also named William Owen, a farmer from Dudleston, and his mother Hannah was from Brymbo. The whole family came to Wrexham to live. On [more]
In a former yard, behind the Lion Hotel and accessed from Chester Street, was the town’s cockpit. Cockfighting was probably the most important sport in the early 18th century. All classes gambled their money in [more]
as reported in the Evening Leader 21/03/1977. Three women were rescued from a blaze at a Wrexham night dub after a dramatic telephone call to the club manager. The Wasps Club in Chester Street was [more]
Wholesale Grocery and Corn Shop, Chester St, Wrexham, Circa 1940’s. Source: NWNMedia;
At a meeting of the Wrexham Science and Art Committee in November 1903, the Chairman, Simon Jones, announced that Henry Price, a former pupil of the school, had been commissioned by Mr. Thorneycroft, R. A., [more]
Pictures of the former ROSE & CROWN that once stood at 17, Chester Street, Wrexham. For Wrexham Pubs, Clubs and Hotels Source: Unknown source (if you are/know the copyright holder please let us know [more]
This was taken circa 1930s, before becoming the Registry Office for Wrexham. Source: Tom Farrell.
Clarke Bros, Butchers Shop, Chester Street, c 1930s.
Guildhall Square, Chester Street, Wrexham 1905. The ivy covered building on the left was the Municipal Building, more commonly known as the Guildhall, at one time the building was a grammar school. The building in [more]
Chester Street, Wrexham 1922. A view of Chester Street looking towards it’s junction with Lambpit Street and Holt Street. On the left was the long established fish and game shop of Cross and Roberts. Next [more]