Former singer Eric Whitley accompanied jazz singer Adelaide Hall in duets when she visited him at ‘The Music Place‘ Brook Street, Wrexham in June 1984, Eric was the manager of The Music Place at the [more]
Located on the junction of Vicarage Hill and Church Road it served as the village Post Office up to the 1980s. Source: Tom Farrell Collection.
We were invited to take a look around T. E. Roberts shop on King Street on their last day of trading 5th March 2014. Source: Pictures by Graham Lloyd.
Chirk Green Co-operative.
Chester Street, Wrexham 1922. A view of Chester Street looking towards it’s junction with Lambpit Street and Holt Street. On the left was the long established fish and game shop of Cross and Roberts. Next [more]
Hope Street, Wrexham 1927. Looking towards the former Talbot buildings, Hope Street continues to the left and Queen Street, goes off to the right. Many may recall the stores of Oliver’s, Francis the Chemist, Hunter’s [more]
Currys Shop, Hope Street, Wrexham 1966. Who remembers Currys like this? Source: Local Bygones; NWN Media. Why not follow Local Bygones on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Also check out the website for thousands of local [more]
Market Street, Rhos 1985. Picture shows Liptons and the new Police Station on Market Street.