The ROC at Llangollen opened in July 1958 and closed September 1991 after being stood down. It is in L shaped compound on hilltop overlooking Llangollen to the South, 100 yards North of track to Geufron Farm. All surface features remain intact with flaking of the green paint. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft and three guying points on raised concrete plinths indicate that this was a master post. There is also concrete around the base of the FSM and BPI pipes.
There is a step on two adjacent sides of the access shaft. Since the 1997 inspection one padlock has been cut off and the hatch has been forced open and is now partly detached. It has been relocated using the remaining Chubb padlock and a new lock. Internally the post has been almost completely stripped; even the internal doors have been ripped off and removed. All that remains is a BT junction box/wiring, mirror, light, air pipe for pump up mast, coax cable for radio and a batter switching box. The post was due to be sold in 2003. Still visible are the footings of an aircraft observation building within the compound.