1 Regent Street,Wrexham.
Records show the Regent Tavern existed from 1840 to the 1960s. Landlord between 1950 and 1960 was Griff Robinson. It was demolished in the late 1960s and a branch of the Abbey National, then Santander occupies the site.
Sarah Denney Davies’ uncle Billy ran a pub in Church Stretton. At the time, Denbighshire was a dry county on a Sunday, so Griff used to hire a charabanc and take a party down to Church Stretton on a Sunday,to play darts and dominoes and have beer at Billy’s pub.
Source: Photographs kindly supplied by Sarah Denney Davies.