Legacy Tower

When Wrexham achieved its charter of Incorporation in 1857, attentions turned to an adequate water supply for the town as residents relied on wells and the river Gwenfro for their water supply, which contained trade effluence from the many breweries, leatherworks and brickworks present.

In 1863 the waterworks company was first established with aim of pumping water from nearby Pentrebychan, west of the town and not be Influenced by the pollution from the local industries.

Source: Sacred places of England and Wales.

Total Page Visits: 1300 - Today Page Visits: 2