Hope Street, Wrexham 1933.
Showing part of the old Town Hall, demolished in 1939, at the same time as the Hand Inn. In the right foreground is a lorry belonging to G.F. and A. Brown, a well known wine merchant of Wrexham. For many years they had a shop on the right. Between Burton’s shop and the Town Hall was a narrow passageway known as Black Chamber Street which lead down to the Hand Inn and the Town Hall Vaults. The sign of Phillip’s Tea Merchants and restaurant can be seen on the left, the frontages on that side of the street have since disappeared. Just visible below the clock on the Town Hall is part of the coat of arms of Charles II, dated 1663, which was on the wall of the previous building on the site.