HIGHGATE INN Penybryn, Wrexham.
Once located opposite the Albion the Highgate dates from 1680, it was an Island Green Brewery house and was demolished in 1953. Edward Matthews of the Highgate Inn died 1859, also Thomas Lloyd, who died 1869 and are both buried at Ruthin Road Burial Ground. It was also known as Flour-de-Luce, it was mentioned in the Quarter Sessions Rolls of 1719 as being in Highgate. The Innkeepers at that time were Thomas Powell and his wife Mary.
For more Wrexham pubs, click here.