Guildhall Square, Chester Street, Wrexham 1905.
The ivy covered building on the left was the Municipal Building, more commonly known as the Guildhall, at one time the building was a grammar school. The building in the centre rear bears the sign “Free Library”, on the right the Fire Station had premises in the square before moving to the newly built Bradley Road Fire Station. The statue of Queen Victoria now stands at Bellvue Park. The stone wall to the left once enclosed the Chester Street Congregational Chapel. All of the building have been demolished and the site was for many years used as a car park, today the area houses the former T.J.Hughes and BHS.