George Davies Butchers Shop 1912 Johnstown

The picture is one of George Davies' butchers shop.

The picture is one of George Davies’ butchers shop. This shop stood on the main road at the top of Bangor Road Johnstown opposite Jerusalem Chapel. After trading as a butcher’s shop it became a fish and chip shop which was run by Nell Lloyd and afterwards became Lil’s Haberdashery and garment alterations shop.

The shop has now been converted into a house. Seen in his butcher’s apron is George Davies the proprietor and the lady in the doorway is his wife who is holding the hand of their son Wynn Davies aged two.

The other man in the picture is unknown. Wynn Davies in 1945 became the manager of the Johnstown Co-op shop by the Grapes at the bottom of Gutter Hill. He married a village girl Olive Broadbent and they had one daughter Heather.



Total Page Visits: 45 - Today Page Visits: 2