Dissenters Burial Ground, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham.
This ground was originally part of the common fields of Wrexham Regis and was for over two centuries used as a burial ground by Wrexham Dissenters. It was acquired about 1655 by the concregation gathered and ministered to by Morgan Llwyd O Wynedd (1619-1659), authour of “Llyfr T Tri Aderyn” and other Welsh classics, who himself lies buried here.
After his death the ground was maintained by the old meeting (Chester Street Baptist Church), successors to Morgan Llwyd’s congregation by whose consent, members of other dissenting bodies also use it for burial.
It was officially closed in 1888, but a few later burials were permitted. The last burial being in 1901. In 1960 the ground was acquired by the Corporation and laid out as a park for the use of the Borough and in commemoration of one of its distinguished sons.
All photographs by Graham Lloyd