At 45m the lattice bridge spanned the River Dee near to Overton On Dee carrying the Wrexham Central to Ellesmere Railway. It was dismantled following the closure of the line in 1962.
The bridge was made & erected by The Pearson & Knowles Coal & Iron Co Ltd, Warrington. It was forged at Bewsey Forge, Warrington which operated between 1840 and 1953 when it went into voluntary liquidation. The works engineer was George Owen.
Sources: Wrexham Railways – a collection of pictures; Lost Railways of North Wales – Mark Jones; British Railways Past & Present – North Wales Part 2; Wikipedia; Graces Guide.
Preceding Station/Halt (coming soon)
Following Station/Halt (coming soon)