Co-op, Abbot Street, Wrexham

Selection of pictures of the former Co-operative that once occupied several locations on Abbot Street, Wrexham.

Photographer DG Thomas Central Arcade Wrexham Taken 1902/03. Hand Inn on the right (back of Town Hall) Sun Inn on left. Horse-drawn bread delivery vans. Miss Scott finished business either late 1902 or early 1903. Boot department taken from upstairs (window above grocery) to Scott?s premises 1903.
Photo taken after 1907. Coal round started 1907. Hand Inn (back of town hall) Backchamber Street opening. Boot department put on ground floor 1903.
Unknown date; source: Tony Spendel
Unknown date; source: Local Bygones.

The Co-op had many use since its closure, including a nightclub. Formally the ferryman nightclub, club XS, The Colliseum nightclub, Letage and Penny Black