Christ’s Church (chapel) was built in 1890 in the centre of Johnstown opposite the former Johnstown Shell Garage.
A school was built before the chapel in 1881. It was originally Congregational by denomination but the chapel had changed demonination to United Reformed by 1996.
It was sadly demolished in 1990. Seen here sadly in the throes of demolition with its roof tiles in the stage of being dismantled. It stood majestically for one hundred years on the corner of Merlin Street and High Street.
Source: Johnstown 2000; Coflein; Genuki.