Small selection of photographs showing the various stages of Wrexham Bypass construction (A483) in 1989. Source: kindly supplied by Mary Ellen Freeman from her late brothers collection.
Marchwiel railway station was a station in Marchwiel, Wrexham. The station was opened on 2 November 1895 and closed on 10 September 1962. Preceding Station/Halt Following Station/Halt (coming soon) Back to Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway. [more]
The Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway. At 45m the lattice bridge spanned the River Dee near to Overton On Dee carrying the Wrexham Central to Ellesmere Railway. It was dismantled following the closure of the line [more]
The Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway originally ran from Wrexham Central Station, to Ellesmere Station in Shropshire, England. The line first opened in 1895 and closed in 1962. The section between Wrexham Central and Abenbury was [more]
The Wrexham to Ellesmere Line, previous stop before crossing the Kings Mills viaduct was Abenbury Brickworks Sidings, previous stop was Caia Road Sidings the line then proceeds to Marchwiel Station. Preceding Station/Halt Following Station/Halt (coming [more]
The Wrexham to Ellesmere Line, previous stop was Hightown Halt next stop on the line is Cadburys sidings. Preceding Station/Halt Following Station/Halt Back to Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway.
A make shift sign “Buy Hafod Coal” written on the front of the coal truck which serviced the Rhos, Johnstown and Wrexham areas during the 1930s. Source: Original photograph NWNMedia; Local Bygones; Digitally repaired as [more]
Mine Workers getting on public transport in 1938. Broad Street, Rhos, Wrexham. Source: NWNMedia
Dr Beeching considered the long line from Ruabon to Barmouth along the Dee valley to be surplus to requirements and its complete closure was scheduled for 18th January 1965. In the autumn of its days [more]