Dr Beeching considered the long line from Ruabon to Barmouth along the Dee valley to be surplus to requirements and its complete closure was scheduled for 18th January 1965. In the autumn of its days [more]
Built in 1911 this Peckett 0-4-0ST, number 1255 is seen at Trevor Silica Works on 28 July 1948. Source: Kidderminster Railway Museum.
Trevor Railway Halt. Trevor railway halt was formerly a small station on the Ruabon to Barmouth line. The line was double track between Ruabon and Llangollen and there was a signal box at Trevor. According [more]
Llangollen Railway Station 1888. A LITTLE known fact concerning the 54 mile-long railway which once ran between Ruabon and Barmouth, is that it was constructed by no fewer than five different railway companies, four of [more]
Abenbury Brickworks and the railway sidings 1966. GWR 0-6-0PT 9610 shunts clay wagons at Abenbury Brickworks siding in 1966. The section between Wrexham Central and Abenbury was the last part of the line to close, [more]
Cefn Railway Station 1960. Cefn station was located near the north end of the Cefn viaduct and was provided with a signal box which controlled access to two private sidings. Like many other smaller stations [more]
J. C. Edwards Railway Sidings at Trevor in 1957
Building of the A483 at Gresford 1989 The building of a temporary embankment for the railway whist the new bridge is constructed.
Pandy Train Crash 1963 Source: (c)NWN Media.