Source: Wrexham History Group – Deborah Smith. View more Wrexham Pubs here.
William Owen was born about 1839 in Erbistock, his father was also named William Owen, a farmer from Dudleston, and his mother Hannah was from Brymbo. The whole family came to Wrexham to live. On [more]
When ROBERT SHUKER COMBERBACH was listed in Pigots` Directory 1844 , the Lion House was being used as a hotel, it must have been a respectable place as many celebratory events were held there. Robert [more]
as reported in the Evening Leader 21/03/1977. Three women were rescued from a blaze at a Wrexham night dub after a dramatic telephone call to the club manager. The Wasps Club in Chester Street was [more]
Said originally to have been 2 cottages. Alternatively it might have been a single lobby-entry house, and it is shown on the 1837 Tithe map as a single dwelling. It subsequently became a public house [more]
The Inventory & Valuation of the Wheelwright Arms in Penycae by A. Kent Jones auctioneers of Regent Street, Wrexham. The valuation is dated 28th May 1948. Inventory & Valuation of Furniture Trade Utensils at Wheelwright [more]
1 Regent Street,Wrexham. Records show the Regent Tavern existed from 1840 to the 1960s. Landlord between 1950 and 1960 was Griff Robinson. It was demolished in the late 1960s and a branch of the Abbey [more]
This collection of pictures from the Imperial War Museum demonstrates what everyday life at the Wynnstay Arms, Ruabon was like in 1944. Source: WARTIME PUB: EVERYDAY LIFE AT THE WYNNSTAY ARMS, RUABON, DENBIGHSHIRE, WALES, UK, [more]