Chirk Mill 1909
1900s

Chirk Mill 1909

Chirk Mill 1909. Chirk Mill was one of the dozen or so watermills in use at one time along the banks of the River Ceiriog, the site was used to grind corn as early as [more]

Regent Street, Wrexham 1903
1900s

Regent Street, Wrexham 1903

Regent Street, Wrexham 1903. Viewed looking towards the railway station. The tram is about to take the curve into Hill Street. The stone faced building on he left, formerly the Maelor Hotel, later became Astons [more]

Chirk Village 1908
1900s

Chirk Village 1908

Chirk Village 1908. The village is known as Y Waun(Moorland) in welsh. Once owned by the Myddelton family, the village was sold by auction in 1911 just a short time after this postcard.  

Church House, Regent Street 1909
1900s

The Church House, Regent Street 1909

The Church House, Regent Street 1909. The Church House was, for many years a centre for a variety of activities: lectures, meetings, exhibitions and election meetings. Many of the older generation may remember the dances [more]

Regent Street, Wrexham 1913
1910s

Regent Street, Wrexham 1913

Regent Street, Wrexham 1913. Looking towards the railway station with Bradley Road off to the left. The open-topped tram is making it’s way from the Mold Road. The stone building on the left was the [more]

Acton Hall Gates, Wrexham 1924
20s

Acton Hall Gates, Wrexham 1924

Acton Hall Gates, Wrexham 1924. Located on the Chester Road. The hall itself was the residence of the Cunliffe family and was also the home at one time of the infamous Judge Jeffries. The hall [more]