The streets off the Beast Market were home to a cluttered mix of housing, trade and industry. Behind Charles Street were the corporation’s original slaughterhouses, later replaced by new premises off Holt Road and the [more]
History of the Society of Friends in Wrexham. (Quakers). The Friends resident in Wrexham determined to have a meeting house of their own. On April 7, 1708, accordingly, John James, a dyer, and Hannah Newton, [more]
These pictures of Victoria Inn, 1 Farndon Street, Wrexham are kindly shared by Mark Griffiths and were both taken circa 1990. Source: Mark Griffiths.