The area once known as the bomb site has quite a history, it was bounded by Queen Street, Henblas Street, Chester Street & Lambpit Street. This is not just about the old Market, a lot of other buildings have [more]
Sources: Plans supplied by Martin Rees Jewellers, Chester Street;
William Owen was born about 1839 in Erbistock, his father was also named William Owen, a farmer from Dudleston, and his mother Hannah was from Brymbo. The whole family came to Wrexham to live. On [more]
Fire was a major risk in all towns. The parish church was seriously damaged by fire in 1463 and Wrexham’s ‘great fire’ caused more damage in 1643. The first fire brigades were established in the [more]
as reported in the Evening Leader 21/03/1977. Three women were rescued from a blaze at a Wrexham night dub after a dramatic telephone call to the club manager. The Wasps Club in Chester Street was [more]
Wholesale Grocery and Corn Shop, Chester St, Wrexham, Circa 1940’s. Source: NWNMedia;
Pictures of the former ROSE & CROWN that once stood at 17, Chester Street, Wrexham. For Wrexham Pubs, Clubs and Hotels Source: Unknown source (if you are/know the copyright holder please let us know [more]
This was taken circa 1930s, before becoming the Registry Office for Wrexham. Source: Tom Farrell.
Clarke Bros, Butchers Shop, Chester Street, c 1930s.
Guildhall Square, Chester Street, Wrexham 1905. The ivy covered building on the left was the Municipal Building, more commonly known as the Guildhall, at one time the building was a grammar school. The building in [more]