It will be recollected that, a few weeks since, when the ratepayers of Ruabon were discussing the proposition before the Wrexham Board of Guardians to simplify the collection of poor rates by the substitution of [more]
Ruabon Railway Station. Ruabon station was originally larger than at present, with an extensive marshalling yard with a turntable and goods depot accompanying it, and was the terminus of the Ruabon to Barmouth line which [more]
NANT Y BELAN TOWER WYNNSTAY PARK RUABON. Most will know the Williams Wynn family were once one of the largest land owners of North Wales and Shropshire, the main Estate that is situated in Ruabon [more]
Private Davenport, ready to leave for the Frontline 1914. A Ruabon resident pictured on Bridge Street. Just visible is The Vaults and the Roundhouse.
Wynnstay Colliery, Ruabon Wynnstay Colliery or The Green Pit. Ruabon. The New British Iron Company owned the colliery. The workings were ventilated by a split of the air at the extremity of the horse road [more]
Plas Newydd, Ruabon. The earliest written reference found to Plas Newydd is a Wynnstay document dated 10 February 1464/5, with the names of John, son of Elys Eyton and Elizabeth, daughter of Hugh Calverley, Kt.28 [more]
Wynnstay Hall and Estate. The Wynnstay Influence The fortunes of the house of Wynnstay were established after the Civil War by Sir William Williams (1634-1700), descended from Cadrod Hardd, a tenth-century Lord of Anglesey. He [more]
The Williams Wynn family of the Wynnstay in Ruabon Emerged as one of WALES’s wealthiest families in the early 18th century, A status they were to retain for over 200yrs. Sir Watkin Williams Wynn was [more]