Small selection of pics from around Gardden Woods, Tatham Road and on the way to Railway Station, all pics taken 2010. Source: Graham Lloyd.
A small selection of pictures taken 18th March 2010 around Penygardden Hall, Farm and Hill Fort. Source: Graham Lloyd.
Dr Beeching considered the long line from Ruabon to Barmouth along the Dee valley to be surplus to requirements and its complete closure was scheduled for 18th January 1965. In the autumn of its days [more]
Lindisfarne College was a private school or independent school. It was founded in 1891 in Westcliff-on-Sea in Essex, England. In 1940 Lindisfarne College moved from Westcliff to nearby Creeksea Place, but during the Second World [more]
Built in the late 1700s the circular structure was used as the parish lock-up. It’s construction includes squared pecked sandstone blocks, ashlar cornice and domed roof with central lipped opening in the dome. The small [more]
Salem Chapel, Pen-y-Cae Edward Jones, abt.1856-1896 “In loving memory of Edward Jones, Penycae, who met his death through an accident at Wynnstay Colliery Aug 1 1896, aged 40 years” Edward Jones was born in the [more]
Benjamin Jarvis was a old blind collier who lived in Rhosllanerchrugog. Despite his old age and his blindness he was obviously still a cad! On the 26th August 1854, Benjamin Jarvis married Sarah Evans from [more]
Bridge Street, Ruabon 1870