A meeting was held at the National Schoolroom in Rhos in March 1878. It was chaired by the Rev. J. Jones. A resolution was proposed and carried unanimously in favour of purchasing an iron church [more]
In 1805, Morgan Williams was born in Tan y Felin, Llandona, Anglesey, the son of John A. P. Williams (1767-1856) and Eleanor (Ellin) Williams (1774-1857). Morgan was baptized on 10th March 1805. On 3rd June [more]
Inside Mount Pleasant English Baptist Chapel (opened in 1892) there is a Roll of Honour on the wall, commemorating those members who served in the First World War (1914-18). The Minister of Mount Pleasant Chapel [more]
The above drawing is by Dave Edwards and shows The Maelor Restaurant and Temperance Hotel, in High Street, Rhos, which was later known as the Maelor Tea Rooms, and managed by the Hughes family. Whilst [more]
During the 4th Quarter of 1840, in the District of Newtown, Montgomeryshire, the birth was registered of Richard Mills, the son of Richard and Jane Mills (nee Woorsnam) of Great Oak Street, Llanidloes, Montgomeryshire. In [more]
Moss Evans Shop, Market Street, Rhos. Standing beside Capel Mawr on Brook Street and looking towards Market Street, you will see Berlin House and to the right of it is number 48 Market Street, the [more]
Victoria Wine Lodge, Market Street, Rhos. Source: Tom Farrell collection, Aberystwyth.
The school attendance officer at the back was Arthur Augustus Roberts. The family were from Trefnant Nr. Rhyl. Arthur’s father William Roberts was the police sergeant in Rhos for a very long time. In 1893, [more]