Penycae

Wynn Hall, Penycae, Wrexham.

Wynn Hall is a 17th century house in the old hamlet of Bodylltyn standing at the junction of the Penycae Road and Plas Bennion Road. It was built by Captain William Wynn in about 1649 [more]

Penycae

Penycae Pubs

Penycae Pubs. The village of Penycae during in its heyday had thirteen pubs. Around 1830, the Public House was a very important place in the life of the people of Pen-y-cae. There, meetings were held [more]

Penycae

Cross Keys, Hill Street, Penycae.

The village of Penycae during in its heyday had thirteen pubs, but only two of them remain open today. (2016) Around 1830, the Public House was a very important place in the life of the [more]

Leisure

Wheelwrights Arms, Stryt Issa, Penycae.

The Wheelwrights Arms was built in 1864 and closed as a pub around 2002. It was a Marstons Border house when it closed. In 2014 it was finally converted to residential use. Previous landlords include: [more]

Plas Ucha
40s

Plas Ucha, Penycae

Plas Ucha is a hillside farm above Pen-y-cae which was wrecked on Saturday 31st August 1940 following the worst night of bombing of the Wrexham area. Peter Morris, the farmer escaped, but sadly his two [more]