Wrexham History Source: Memories of the Bulls Head, Rhos Narrated by Bill Portmadoc-Jones.
The 8mm film used in Memories of Llay was filmed between 1964 and 1996 by G. Crowley. All communities have their stories to tell, but isn’t there something special in stories about your village, [more]
Maesgwyn Road, Wrexham. History The Mines Rescue Station was built was post 1912 in response to the Coal Mines Act 1911. It was built near to the Great Western Railway Station in Wrexham. A motor [more]
History The coal pit was sunk during the general strike of 1926 in the village of Rhosllanerchrugog. The land belonged to Mrs Trevor Jones, who rented a row of terraced houses to the miners Sinking [more]
Location Eglwyseg (SJ2353847689) History [from CPAT] A lead and silver mine worked between 1867 and 1886 exploiting ores within the Cefn-y-fedw sandstone overlying Carboniferous Limestone. . Current remains [from CPAT] The Eglwyseg Vein cuts east [more]
Fron Hall United lies in the community of Gwernymynydd in the county of Flintshire. It is located at Ordnance Survey national grid reference SJ22406210. Lead/Silver (1863-1897) GeologyThe mine is situated on a vein 200 yds. [more]
Location Minera (SJ2551) History [from CPAT] Early 19th century – 1890. The Minera Mountain Company (1877-1913) incorporated the later workings of South Minera and Park. Current remains [from CPAT] Western Shaft (SJ25405140) stands to the [more]