Former Flintshire Detached

The Puleston Family

The Puleston Family arrived in this country with William the conqueror in 1066, the family first settled in Shropshire then after, moved into the Welsh Maelor region. The Puleston’s were fighting in the War of [more]

As it was!

Maelor Saesneg

At the time of the Roman invasion, the area was part of the region occupied by the Cornovii, one of the Celtic tribes of ancient Britain, on the border with the Deceangli tribe across the [more]

1800s

Paupers & Poor Law Union

Prior to 1834 paupers were the responsibility of the Parish overseers, who often paid a pension for the pauper to continue living at home. In 1834 Poor Law Unions were formed which constructed work houses. [more]

Biographies

Lord Kenyon

Baron Kenyon Lord Kenyon, Baron of Gredington, in the County of Flint, is a title in the Peerage of Great Britain. It was created in 1788 for the lawyer and judge Sir Lloyd Kenyon, 1st [more]

Penley Hall
Former Flintshire Detached

Penley Hall

Penley Hall. Penley Hall 1905 A smallish Georgian mansion set in gardens and shrubberies with walled kitchen garden extending to 2.75 acres, along with a .337 acre pool. The hall itself contained: ground floor – [more]

Former Flintshire Detached

Emral Hall, Worthenbury

Emral Hall, Worthenbury. THE HISTORY OF EMRAL dates back to the times of the Romans, and can be claimed to be one of the most Historic Mansions in the area. Llewelyn ap Gruffydd re-asserted his [more]

50s

Broughton Hall, Worthenbury

Broughton Hall, Worthenbury This ornate dwelling was one of the largest half-timber constructed houses in Flintshire. It was built for Randall Broughton in about 1642. The infill to the timber work was in wattle and [more]

Former Flintshire Detached

Emral Hall Ice House

Emral Hall Ice House. Ice House to rear of North Stable Block at Emral Hall. Built as an ice-house for Emral Hall (1724-27) designed by Richard Trubshaw and Joseph Evans and may be contemporary with [more]