At about half past two on the afternoon of Saturday 16th September 1854, two men employed by Mr. Morris, were engaged in unloading wheat from three railway trucks on railway sidings just off the main [more]
Front (L-R) Ken Roberts, Winston Williams, Graham Williams, Barry Evans and Melvyn Morris. Back (L-R) Jack Nash (trainer), Jim Clark, Eric Pugh, Ivor Roberts, Alan Roberts, Mike Rogers, Geoff Lloyd and Len Lloyd(committee member). Source: [more]
In 1854, Margaret Davies, an unmarried 22 year old, was an inmate at the Corwen workhouse. On the 15th December 1854, whilst she was still a resident at the workhouse, Margaret Davies gave birth to [more]
Chirk Green Co-operative.
Chirk Village 1908. The village is known as Y Waun(Moorland) in welsh. Once owned by the Myddelton family, the village was sold by auction in 1911 just a short time after this postcard.
Dee Viaduct Open Day 1988. Were you amongst the many thousands who attended the open day? Built by Edmund Nuttall Ltd, construction started in 1987 and was completed in 1990, it opened for first use [more]
On the canal, near Chirk 1995