Brymbo Ironworks 1860 Not a great quality picture, but shows a glimpse of what it looked like in the 1860s Source: Industrial Revolution p.23. 1984
Climbing to Brymbo 1965 LMS Stanier ‘8F’ 2-8-0 48122 blackens the sky as it tackles the final leg of the journey to Brymbo Middle Signal Box in 1965. Source: Pic (c) A.O. Wynn.
Ladies of the Lodge Knitting for the Troops 1940 Some of the faces named by members of the Facebook Group, Memories of the Village of Lodge. (Sue Richards) 1st lady on the right, standing against [more]
ROC Monitoring Post Brymbo Since its inception in 1925 as in integral part of the UK air defence system, the primary role of the Royal Observer Corps (ROC) was the recognition and identification of hostile [more]
Brymbo Steel works and the new rolling mill with the village of Tanyfron in the foreground circa 1979 Pictures (c)NWN Media
Brymbo Hall, The house, reputed to have been partly built to the designs of Inigo Jones, was noted as the residence of 18th-century industrialist and ironmaster John “Iron-Mad” Wilkinson. Early history The estate was located [more]