Location Brymbo (SJ28495384) History The Works was built in 1792 by John Wilkinson to smelt ore from the Minera mines. Current remains Fumes from the furnaces were condensed for re-smelting in chambers at the base [more]
Ever since the end of the 19th century the demand for water at Brymbo Steelworks has continued to increase. This is largely used for cooling and steam production and the need has grown with the [more]
Assessing the damage following a large fire at Brymbo Steelworks in August 1979. Source: Local Bygones.
Front (L-R) Malcolm McKinley, Raymond Booth, Geoff Williams, Malcolm Durkin and Barry Gittins. Back (L-R) John Roberts (trainer), Brian Evans, John Partington, Paul Jones, Terry Maddox, Arthur Jones and Cliff Williams. Source: Wrexham Leader 9th [more]
This 1908 postcard of the High Street in Brymbo, shows the Cooperative and the Miners Arms. Taken from the “Ultimate Series”. Source: Postcard in our collection.
Inside Brymbo Steelworks Circa 1980’s. Source: NWNMEDIA; Local Bygones.
Brymbo Steelworks in 1964. Source: NWNMedia.
St Mary’s, Brymbo Agnes Emma Barker, 1864–1874 “In loving memory of Agnes Emma Barker who was killed in the Shipton railway accident Dec 24 1874 aged 11 years” The inscription on this gravestone marks the [more]
Europe was at war and bombing raids by the Luftwaffe were frequent. In the early hours of August 30, 1940, German bombers were heading for Liverpool and dockland sites on the River Mersey. In an [more]