Gardden Woods is known locally as ‘Rocky Woods’ because of the three old sandstone quarries, which supplied stone to North Wales, Lancashire and Cheshire until 1952. Devil’s Bridge The famous ‘Devil’s Bridge’ over the river [more]
A short film of the ‘Class of 1975’ School Reunion at Air Products Club in 2003. Source: John Davies.
Opened 8th February 1974 closed as Plas Madoc Leisure Centre 24th April 2014. The final hour in photographs supplied by Paul Davies. Thanks must go to the staff who have served the community for so [more]
April 2014 saw the demolition of the former Remploy Factory that once stood in Rhosddu. Source: Film and photographs Graham Lloyd.
A rare view of the three rows of houses that once stood on Plas Bennion Road, long since demolished. Also see Plas Bennion Mission Church. Source: John Davies; Maps – National Library of Scotland.
Rhosddu Infants Reception Class in Prices Lane Park in 1960/61. Source: Kindly supplied by Frederick Czulowski.
Mr. D. D. Pierce, Watchmaker, Jeweller, Optician and Medalist, Hope Street. Mr. D. D. Pierce has been established in Wrexham in 1874. At present he occupies what may be fairly described as a leading position [more]
When ROBERT SHUKER COMBERBACH was listed in Pigots` Directory 1844 , the Lion House was being used as a hotel, it must have been a respectable place as many celebratory events were held there. Robert [more]
Source: Wrexham – The Official Guide c1930