1800s

St. Johns Parish Church, Rhos

St. Johns Parish Church, Rhos Church of St John Evangelist. A grade II listed building, built in 1852 and consecrated on 4 October 1853. A good example of a Romanesque Revival church, it is Norman [more]

Churches & Chapels

All Saints Church Penylan, Ruabon.

All Saints Church is located in the southern part of Ruabon parish and is the church of All Saints, generously provided for public worship by James Ormrod in 1889. The dark red sandstone for the [more]

Churches & Chapels

Plas Bennion Mission Church, Penycae/Ruabon.

Plas Bennion was once a mining community that stood between Wynn Hall and Plas Madoc on the newly established boundary of the parishes of Penycae and Ruabon. To make a religious provision for the fifty [more]

Churches & Chapels

St. Deiniol Church, Worthenbury

The parish church of Worthenbury is St Deiniols.  The church is said to be the best example of a Georgian Church in Wales and has a complete set of boxed pews.  St. Deiniols is part of [more]

John Thomas, Maelor View, Johnstown
1800s

John Thomas, Maelor View, Johnstown

In Memoriam – John Thomas, Maelor View, Johnstown. In 1912, exactly 105 years ago, Mount Pleasant Church Officer John Evans’ (Victoria Street, Rhos) crafts a beautiful eulogy on the passing of his departed spiritual ‘brother’ [more]

Mount Pleasant, Ponciau. Annual Report 1946
40s

Mount Pleasant, Ponciau. Annual Report 1946

Mount Pleasant, Ponciau. Annual Report 1946. Download a copy of Mount Pleasant, Ponciau. Annual Report 1946 Mount Pleasant, Ponciau. Annual Report 1946   Source: Original kindly supplied by Michael Rowland

St. Chads Church, Hanmer
Churches & Chapels

St. Chad’s Church, Hanmer

The earliest known documentary evidence for a Hanmer connection with St Chad is in the charter of Leofric, Earl of Chester AD 1043, (Thorpe’s Diplomatarium Anglicanum p.352) in which he bestows upon his newly founded [more]

Churches & Chapels

St. Mary Magdelane Church, Tallarn Green.

St. Mary Magdelane Church, Tallarn Green was first opened on 22nd October 1873, at a total building cost of £800 and dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The building of the clock tower was to commemorate Queen [more]