An inquest was held at the Wheelwright Arms, Penycae, on Saturday, before Mr. Wynn Evans, coroner, and a jury, of which Mr Maurice Kyffyn was foreman, on the body of an old woman named Elizabeth [more]
Source: (late) Emlyn Davies of Penycae.
At a meeting of the Wrexham Science and Art Committee in November 1903, the Chairman, Simon Jones, announced that Henry Price, a former pupil of the school, had been commissioned by Mr. Thorneycroft, R. A., [more]
Postcard dated 1908 of Hope Street, Wrexham. Source: 1908 postcard
This 1908 postcard of the High Street in Brymbo, shows the Cooperative and the Miners Arms. Taken from the “Ultimate Series”. Source: Postcard in our collection.
Mount Street, Wrexham c1900 showing the Union Vaults on right, Nags Head and brewery on the left. With St. Giles Parish Church dominating the skyline. Source: Tom Farrell collection.
Source: From our collection of postcards – Tai Clawydd, High Street, Ruabon
Harriet was born on November 22nd 1834, the youngest daughter of Thomas and Sarah Rogers of Bryn Goleu. Thomas was the Erddig Carpenter. She received a good education encouraged by Mrs Yorke. By the age [more]
One of the most disastrous fires ever experienced in Wrexham happened in 1907, when the Public Hall was gutted. Later the Hippodrome occupied the site. The Public Hall formed only the centre of a block [more]