In 1800 the abandonment of the Ellesmere Canal main line from Trevor via Wrexham to Chester was already being mooted, mainly because Flintshire and Deeside collieries had already reached tidal water via short tramways or [more]
History of the Society of Friends in Wrexham. (Quakers). The Friends resident in Wrexham determined to have a meeting house of their own. On April 7, 1708, accordingly, John James, a dyer, and Hannah Newton, [more]
This painting, believed to be by a female artist was painted c1770 and is rarely seen. Source: Kindly supplied by Geoff Wilding.
Bunkers Hill, Bersham. New Designs for Industrial Workers. Though many works proprietors were satisfied at first with the traditional forms of Welsh housing, in other parts of Britain new house types were being developed towards [more]
John Thomas – The Rossett Gibbet Several website Sources suggest that the Golden Lion Public House, Rossett is haunted by a spirit linked to a man hung and subsequently gibbetted on Rossett Green almost opposite [more]
Pwll-Yr-Uwd, Holt Road, Wrexham. Pwll-yr-Uwd was a large Elizabethan house dating back to the 15th century, situated in the low-lying area in Wrexham Regis off the Holt Road. It was a two and a half [more]
Erddig Castle is a late 11th century earthwork motte and bailey fortress, which was probably founded by Hugh de Avranches, earl of Chester. A bluff above the confluence of the River Clywedog and the Black [more]