The Works was built in 1792 by John Wilkinson to smelt ore from the Minera mines.
Fumes from the furnaces were condensed for re-smelting in chambers at the base of the 100ft chimney. It was known locally as the Brymbo Bottle and partly demolished in 1962 to leave only 25ft still standing.
At some time around the month of April 1899, Constantine M’Glone, a labourer, became a lodger at the home of Anne Williams in Wrexham Road, Brymbo. After he had become a lodger, he started drinking [more]