Just 200 metres from the Shropshire border, stood the ruins of Bettisfield Windmill shrouded in ivy. The Windmill became redundant when the new mill was built nearby. It has since been converted.
The new Steam Mill was built in 1868 by Edward and Sarah Hughes. The Hughes family, who had run the windmill, worked the new mill which was powered at first by steam. Later it ran on a diesel engine, then finally electricity, until 1990. It has now been converted to residential use.
Source: Curious Clwyd – Gordon Emery,P,34-35.