Coal Mining

The First Coal from the Delph Mine

The first loads of coal from the new mining site at the Delph, Acrefair were taken away at the beginning of the week. The mine, from which N.S.M. Construction Limited are extracting mineral clay for [more]

70s

Bandstand will disappear 1973

A piece of Wrexham’s history will soon be removed — but not entirely lost for ever. (This was the plan) The bandstand (below) in Wrexham Parciau, which used to be a , popular rendezvous for [more]

Llangollen & Rural

Visit to Llangollen, July 1945

The following pictures taken in Llangollen July 1945 have been kindly supplied to Wrexham History by Virginia Jenkins in Hyde Park, Vermont, USA

As it was!

Legacy Tower

When Wrexham achieved its charter of Incorporation in 1857, attentions turned to an adequate water supply for the town as residents relied on wells and the river Gwenfro for their water supply, which contained trade [more]

As it was!

The Sykes of Croes Howell

Croes Howell Hall is known to date back to the 17th century and on a map dated 1631 there are plots  which belong to William Edward Howell, David ap Howell and Dorothy Howell, the medieval [more]

Mount Street

The Mount, Mount Street, Wrexham

Mount House was already in existence in 1699 when it was mentioned in Rate books as belonging to Ellis Lloyd Esq. of Pen y Lan. It was situated next to the Nags Head Inn and [more]