ABBOTSFIELD PRIORY HOTEL
29 Rhosddu Road, Wrexham. (On the corner of Rhosddu Road and Grosvenor Road.)
Originally built as a house in 1863, by J. C. Gummow, architect, for Mr. Edward Jones, it later became the home of a local surgeon named John Arthur Eyton-Jones in 1895.
In later years it became the Area Education Offices for Denbighshire & Clwyd County Councils. After being sold in the 1970s it became the Abbotsfield Priory Hotel.
When the Raglan Arms on Lambpit Street was demolished part of the beautiful mahogany bar; was renovated and reused as the bar. Several old parts from various places in Wrexham where used when it was converted into the hotel in the 70/80s. Only the doors from Salisbury park church are still in use. Everything else has since been replaced during the many revamps.
It was then converted in 2000 to Graffiti an Italian Restaurant. This beautiful Grade II listed neo-gothic building has been completely refurbished in March 2010 and named The Lemon Tree. Independently owned it offers a restaurant bar and 12 bedrooms.