Biographies

James JONES – Printer of Wrexham

JAMES JONES was born in Wrexham about 1849 and was the son of Gomer Jones and Mary Jones who were both from Minera. Gomer was a book binder. The family moved from Holt Street to [more]

Biographies

William John CHESTERTON

WILLLIAM JOHN CHESTERTON was born in Hereford about 1839; he was the son of Edward Chesterton a Glover, and Harriet Farrington. A brother named George was born in 1841 and another son Edward in late [more]

Churches & Chapels

Ebenezer Baptist Chapel, Llanelian – MI’s

Please note: There is currently no index available to these images. Photographs supplied by Lee Wetton Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions. Back to Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions Index Please note: There is currently no index available to these [more]

Churches & Chapels

Christ Church – Rhys Y Cae MI’s

Please note: There is currently no index available to these images. Photographs supplied by Lee Wetton Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions. Back to Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions Index Back to Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions Index

Churches & Chapels

St. Marys Church, Minera – MI’s

Please note: There is currently no index available to these images. Photographs supplied by Lee Wetton Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions. Back to Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions Index Back to Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions Index

Biographies

Edward HUGHES 1879-1905

Edward Hughes was born about 1879 in Wrexham; he was the son of Noah Hughes a tailor and Maria Jones. Noah had been born about 1841, his father Edward was also a tailor in Denbigh. [more]

Biographies

Charles MOORE 1852-1920

Charles Moore was born in Aldergate, Middlesex about 1852. At the age of 19 he was at the Cavalry Barracks in Maidstone, he travelled to Ireland with the Army and in 1877 he married Ellen [more]

1910s

Victoria School Memorial

Wrexham Victoria Council Schools. The above tablet in marble and brass in remembrance to those Old Boys of the above school who fell in the great war. It is a fitting mark to Mr. Chas. [more]

As it was!

Beyond the Beast Market

The streets off the Beast Market were home to a cluttered mix of housing, trade and industry. Behind Charles Street were the corporation’s original slaughterhouses, later replaced by new premises off Holt Road and the [more]

As it was!

New Wrexham Fairs

The northern side of Beast Market Street was still farmland when Norden made his survey in 1620. The town developed this way in the 17th and 18th centuries. The thatched building, with the dormer windows, [more]