As it was!

Closing Plas Madoc Leisure Centre 2014

Opened 8th February 1974 closed as Plas Madoc Leisure Centre 24th April 2014. The final hour in photographs supplied by Paul Davies. Thanks must go to the staff who have served the community for so [more]

As it was!

Plas Bennion Cottages

A rare view of the three rows of houses that once stood on Plas Bennion Road, long since demolished. Also see Plas Bennion Mission Church. Source: John Davies; Maps – National Library of Scotland.

As it was!

D. D. Pierce, Watchmaker

Mr. D. D. Pierce, Watchmaker, Jeweller, Optician and Medalist, Hope Street. Mr. D. D. Pierce has been established in Wrexham in 1874. At present he occupies what may be fairly described as a leading position [more]

High Street

Lion House, High Street, Wrexham

When ROBERT SHUKER COMBERBACH was listed in Pigots` Directory 1844 , the Lion House  was  being used as a hotel, it must have been a respectable place as many celebratory events were held there. Robert [more]