As it was!

Rubery, Owen & Company, Whitegate, Wrexham

Rubery, Owen & Company In the 1930s the Steel Equipment Department at the Darlaston factory under the management of Mr. W. Reeves, and Mr. W. Gwinnett (who later became Managing Director of Rubery Owen & [more]

1800s

St. Johns Parish Church, Rhos

St. Johns Parish Church, Rhos Church of St John Evangelist. A grade II listed building, built in 1852 and consecrated on 4 October 1853. A good example of a Romanesque Revival church, it is Norman [more]

Churches & Chapels

All Saints Church Penylan, Ruabon.

All Saints Church is located in the southern part of Ruabon parish and is the church of All Saints, generously provided for public worship by James Ormrod in 1889. The dark red sandstone for the [more]

Plas Madoc Hall
As it was!

Plas Madoc Hall

Plas Madoc Hall A local story claims that General De Wet, the Boer leader who became commander in chief of the army during the South African War, was in reality George Hammond Whalley, heir to [more]