Llangollen Railway Station 1888. A LITTLE known fact concerning the 54 mile-long railway which once ran between Ruabon and Barmouth, is that it was constructed by no fewer than five different railway companies, four of [more]
Wynn Hall Colliery, Penycae. The Wynn Hall colliery was opened by William Kendrick, the grandson of John Kendrick. Wynn Hall Colliery, long since dismantled had two pits, the Foundry Pit and the Rock Pit. At [more]
Fatality at Plas Power Colliery 1909. A BRAVE ACT. An inquest was held at Wrexham on Tuesday before Coroner Mr. Kenrick, touching the death of John Brookes (32), a collier, who died at the Wrexham Infirmary [more]
Natwest Bank Lord Street 1988. 33, Lord Street, Wrexham was previously a Tesco store then Timberland, in 1988 the Natwest Bank were to use the building and started to adapt the building for their needs. [more]
St Mary’s school 1950. The young chap looking at the camera is Glyn Griffiths, who “got the cane for that”. Source: Picture kindly supplied by Glyn Griffiths.
Miss Rhos 1930. Source: Local Bygones; NWN Media. Why not follow Local Bygones on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Also check out the website for thousands of local pictures from days gone by.
Currys Shop, Hope Street, Wrexham 1966. Who remembers Currys like this? Source: Local Bygones; NWN Media. Why not follow Local Bygones on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Also check out the website for thousands of local [more]
New Broughton Christmas Concert c1970-1. This picture of New Broughton Christmas Concert was sent in by Annie Donnelly and thought it may be of interest to anyone who attended New Broughton School. It was a [more]
Abenbury Brickworks and the railway sidings 1966. GWR 0-6-0PT 9610 shunts clay wagons at Abenbury Brickworks siding in 1966. The section between Wrexham Central and Abenbury was the last part of the line to close, [more]