Bebe Daniels performed the opening ceremony in 1958 for the Tan-y-clawydd housing estate showhouse. The showhouse was one of the new houses built by James Stewart (Building Contractors) Ltd and was situated on the front [more]
Pleasure Fair Days by Philip Phillips. In the mid 1980s the Leader made a request for reminiscences of the pleasure fairs that visited Wrexham since about the 1850 when the railway came to town. Up [more]
Just a small selection of pictures of Christmas time in Wrexham.
Travellers Rest, Hightown, Wrexham in 1940
Llanerchrugog Hall, Rhos. Llannerchrugog Hall is thought to have been built in the early 18th century, but may be earlier. Originally a farmhouse. Source: Emlyn Davies. Calendr Nene.
At trot through town to spend all the money. Hope Street, Wrexham. Visible to the right is the Talbot Inn and the retailers G. Day, Thomas Outfitters. Source: Material supplied by Emlyn Davies
Ladies of the Lodge Knitting for the Troops 1940 Some of the faces named by members of the Facebook Group, Memories of the Village of Lodge. (Sue Richards) 1st lady on the right, standing against [more]
The earliest known documentary evidence for a Hanmer connection with St Chad is in the charter of Leofric, Earl of Chester AD 1043, (Thorpe’s Diplomatarium Anglicanum p.352) in which he bestows upon his newly founded [more]